Is Your RV a Lemon?
Most people don't realize that The Song Beverly Consumer Warranty Act - California's Lemon Law - doesn't only apply to automobiles, but it also applies to RVs and Motor Homes as well. Just like vehicles, RVs and Motor Homes also are sold with manufacturer express warranties. This means that if you have problems with your RV while under warranty, the manufacturer is supposed to be able to fix them. If you own a RV and have had repeated warranty problems, you may be entitled to a refund from the manufacturer. Common problems include:
- Transmission lunging, lurching, jumping, jerky shifting, or not functioning properly
- Leaking oil, water, fuel, coolant, or other fluids
- Engine issues and failure, loss of power, or sluggish performance
- Vibration in the axel, transmission or brakes
- Electrical problems
- Crank shaft issues
- Brake failure and brake overheating
- Repeated check engine and other warning lights turning on
- Gas tank leaks
- Problems with the plumbing and electrical systems inside your RV
- Problems with the AC and heating systems
- Improperly manufacturer chassis or defective and peeling paint
A RV may cost more than a home, and most people don't even realize they have rights under the law. You're paying a lot of money for your RV, you shouldn't have to put up with it not working correctly. Whether you own a Winnebago, Thor Motor Home, Dutchmen, Coachmen, Tiffin, American Coach, or Starcraft, it doesn't matter. The Lemon Lawyer is here to put an end to your headaches and frustrations if your RV is a defective and doesn't work right.